Skip to content
- The best way to protect your business name or brand is to register a trademark for it
- This helps protect you from competitors taking away your customers by using a similar business name or web address
- When you start a business and use it in commerce, the name is a trademark
- Registering that trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office provides you with statutory damages if someone uses a name similar to yours
- By registering it, you can stop them from using the name and gain a large monetary penalty for trademark infringement
- The trademark registration process is quite complicated, so it is important to hire an experienced attorney.