Skip to content
- An arrest for firearms in the state of New Jersey almost certainly means doing serious time in jail
- Everyday citizens in New Jersey are not permitted to carry a weapon; there is no permit at all, unless you are a member of law enforcement
- An unlawful possession of a weapon charge will almost certain include a completely separate charge for unlawful purpose, which can sometimes double the jail time penalty
- Even if someone from Pennsylvania is traveling in New Jersey, with a gun in their car, even unknowingly, they can be charged and could serve five years in prison
- ANY weapons charge should be addressed by an attorney as quickly and seriously as possible.