Skip to content
- Anytime you involved in a drug arrest, it is critical to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Here’s why:
- Delaware has a rather complicated statutory scheme that is used to determine potential penalties
- Also, the state recently revamped the office of Medical Examiner, which does all drug testing
- The state has created Drug Task Forces, so there is a heavy focus on drug offences
- Right now, there has been a tendency to reduce penalties for simple possession of marijuana.
- The opposite is true for heroin, cocaine and abuse of prescription drugs; there is an increasing tendency toward imposing stiffer penalties for even small amounts being sold or distributed
- There is an attempt to reduce penalties for simple possession