When do I need an attorney for a juvenile charge?

  • If a juvenile offense happens, it is imperative that you obtain the services of an attorney right away. The law requires that juveniles are represented by an attorney, and you will need one when you are notified by the Superior Court for an attorney conference, if not before.
  • If either parent is employed, chances are you will not be able to use a public defender.
  • Juvenile cases are processed very, very quickly, so you should get an attorney immediately.