One questions that many homeowners have after living in their home for a while is whether the value of the home has changed since it was purchased. Of course, everyone’s hope is that the value has increased, especially if they have done renovations on the property. There are a number of different aspects that are taken into consideration when determining the value of a home. One important factor to note is that even though there are plenty of ways that an individual can find a home value on the internet, it is best to get a home appraisal from a professional.
A professional home appraiser will assess a number of different factors about a property when determining it’s value, some of which include the following:
- The neighborhood that the home is located in
- The year the home was built
- Any renovations and updates that were made to the home
- Special features of the property, such as a pool or acreage
- General features of the house, such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms
- The prices that comparable homes in the neighborhood are selling for
A home will need to be appraised each time a lender issues a mortgage. If you require the services of a real estate attorney, contact our firm today.
The law firm of Mattleman, Weinroth & Miller, P.C., is composed of experienced attorneys throughout the states of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. Please contact the office to schedule a free initial consultation and get any questions answered regarding your specific case.